Friday, September 16, 2011

One perfect moment

Yesterday, Theo was sitting at the kitchen table and leaning forward to do his homework. Sophie climbed up behind him, placed her blanket on his back, and leaned against his back. Then she rested her head on his shoulder and said, "Hi Theo."
"Hey, Sof," Theo said.
"Hi Theo," Sophie said again still resting her head on him.
There wasn't a camera near by and if I had run to get it, she just would have moved. It was a perfect, beautiful moment. I will see it in my mind's eye forever. Eight months ago, Sophie took one look at this big dark boy and screamed in fright. Now he is her brother. Could there be a happier ending?

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I LOVE that! That made me tear up a bit! I love tenderness and love between children! You've got sweet ones, too!

    ReplyDelete