Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bikes and bike parks

One of the biggest smiles I have ever seen on Theo's face was the one he wore riding up to school on his new bike. I had promised him a bike as soon as the weather got better and I must say buying that child a bike has been a really good investment if you measure the pay off in use and enjoyment.

Last week he discovered our local bike park with all of its jumps and hills and tracks. He came back at noon after a couple of hours with a big gash in his arm. I asked him if he had had fun before he got hurt. He told me he had gotten the gash when he first got there, but just stayed because they were having fun.

Right after lunch he was back out there with his friends. He came home later with more injuries, but the next day headed back, this time with Ben and Zach and some of Zach' s friends too.

2 comments:

  1. I bet that made his day! I remember visiting him in '09 when we went to the AFAA house for the first time and met Theo and Blessing. He had asked me to tell you he wanted a bike! Do you remember calling him on the phone when we were there visiting? He had asked you for a bike and a watch! ha ha!!! He finally go it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abenego loves to ride bikes too! He has gotten so many scrapes. We don't have a bike park close by, but he can ride with his feet on the handlebars, ride standing on one side, ride with no hands, etc. It is worth the injuries :)

    ReplyDelete