Saturday, April 23, 2011

I dreamed of this picture and snakes in a restaurant

So, four years ago, when we decided that we were adopting in Africa, I saw this picture in my head one day at a restaurant with my family. I looked across the table at my two boys, Zach and Ben and saw the deep brown face of my someday son in between them. The other night, we took the kids out to eat at the Mayan restaurant and I snapped this picture. Good looking boys.

On a funny, making the transition to America note: the restaurant is a very Disneyesque type of place. Going in is like entering a rainforest with all the animal noises, a waterfall spilling down a huge rock face and big trees with fabulous tree house type landings at different levels. There are fire dancers and cliff divers and thunder and lightening simulations.

Theo and Blessing were amazed at it all. Sometimes it is a little hard for them to distinguish between fantasy and reality. During one of the shows, Theo leaned over to me and whispered, "Mom, do they clean this place out every night, of the snakes?"

No comments:

Post a Comment