Saturday, January 29, 2011

"EH" and "I Beg You"

So, Kyle made a discovery the other day. Every time I say ANYTHING Blessing's first response is "EH?" Like a little old lade that can't hear you. So, I say it again, slower, sometimes louder. Well, it turns out this might not be a case of not understanding me or not hearing me. It is just a bad habit.

Kyle found that if he didn't respond to the "EH?" that Blessing would answer giving every indication that she both heard and understood. The trick is to say what you are going to say, ignore the "EH?" and wait. The answer will come.

Both Theo and Blessing are fond of saying "I beg you," when they are not getting their way or when they want something at the store. I have had to learn to give the same firm no that I give to the other kids when they whine for something. It is hard to do, but with six kids, I have to say "no."

No comments:

Post a Comment