Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Beautiful Prayer

Prayers are usually beautiful. We are a praying family. We have family prayer in the morning and we pray over our meals.

Theo and Blessing have been taught to pray as well and they have been included in our prayer rotation. I am afraid I was the only one understanding them. Kyle mentioned that he thought they were both just repeating the same thing the other day. I let him know that Theo had prayed for Chole's return to good health and for the children waiting in the foster home.

The rapid fire nature of their praying left the rest of the family out of the sweetness and sincerity of their prayers. Perhaps because I am with them all day, I was the only one enjoying them.

Well, this morning, Theo gave our family prayer. He said the same sort of thoughtful things that I have been hearing, but perhaps because of the prayers he has been hearing, he slowed way down for the first 2/3 of that prayer. He spoke clearly and used his best "American English."

Getting up from my knees I saw Kyle smile and tell Theo what a nice job he does of praying. It made me happy that our families "spiritual language" is becoming more in sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment