Monday, February 28, 2011

Yours, Mine, Ours

This is an issue!

Theo and Blessing feel bothered that the other kids have so many toys.

It is impossible financially to catch them up on 7-12 years of birthdays and holidays in one months time.

T&B often ask for things just to have them. I have bough them both books that they have asked for and not read. T asked for a random movie just to have it. We have well over 100 movies at our house that he hasn't even watched.

Theo is a bull in a China shop and breaks things frequently.

The other kids don't want their things broken and are reluctant to share.

I have instructed the kids to share and Theo to be careful, but there are still very obvious bad feelings on both ends.

This STRESSES me out! I understand both points of view. I feel for them all, but they are going to have to DEAL!

Any advice cyber world?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, my kids were shocked at the number of toys a 3 year old had when they came home. And now after 3 1/2 years they have gotten caught up, they don't take care of their things, can't remember where their things are, and break everything! We are still nagging about it. Not advice but I can sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor didn't have toys when Opie came home, so I guess we were lucky since he thought what we did have for him was A LOT! How quick he saw how many more his friends had...but like Sue in no time he was caught up =)

    ReplyDelete