Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Ice Cracked Last Night!

I am not talking about our ridiculously painful cold weather either!!!

Last night Kyle took Zach and Theo to scouts. I have been a bit concerned about Zach's failure to associate or try to make friends with his new brother and sister. I thought for sure the fact that Blessing runs to him and hugs him when he gets home would melt him a little, but he has continued to keep his distance.

Who knew that the magic melting point would come from a game of steal the bacon! Theo has been assigned to the same patrol as Zachary. There are two patrols in the troop. They have friendly competition and last night they ended the meeting with a game of steal the bacon.

Zachary came home just thrilled that they had won the game and a trip to the local gas station for treats. He was full of praise for Theo's "lightening speed."

This morning during reading, Zach noticed that Theo has started the Harry Potter books. He was anxious to share with Theo that we have the movie and that they should watch it. He also added that he had a Harry Potter video game that he would show him when he got back from school.

There is a little warm glow in my heart right now.

1 comment:

  1. Adrienne, Every time I read your post, I get goosebumps and my eyes blur with tears. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Debbie

    ReplyDelete